If you are planning a kitchen revamp, functionality is as important as looks, and with glass splashbacks, you have the best of both worlds. For those who think that splashbacks are purely an adornment, they actually protect your walls and work surfaces and when the cooking is in full swing, things can get a bit hectic, and that’s when the little accidents happen. If you have never considered glass splashbacks, here are just a few of the many benefits they offer the modern kitchen.
- Made to Measure Solutions – This means you do not have to hunt for standard sizes, as the glazier can cut the splashbacks to size and with a professional installation, keeping things clean will always be a pleasure. If you happen to live in Western Australia, and are looking for Perth splashbacks, there are online suppliers, and a simple search would take you to their website, where you can see some fine examples of what they are able to create.
- Range of Colour and Design Options – Traditional clear glass is just one of the many variations, with coloured and tinted glass offering the homeowner choices that can match any existing setting. As everything is made to measure, you can have glass splashbacks anywhere you think they might be useful, and keeping the kitchen clean has never been easier.
- Glass is Cheaper – If you look at the more traditional splashback materials, such as granite or marble, even toughened glass is much more affordable, and not only that, it is much easier to keep clean. Even the very best glass splashbacks will not set you back as much as you might think, and if you would like to get an idea of prices, an online search will put you in touch with a local glazier, just make sure they supply and fit glass splashbacks.
- Heat Resistant – Glass is the ideal material for anything close to heat, and it will not fade or discolour in any way, which is essential for a splashback. Slow cooking means the area will be at a constant high temperature for a good few hours, and glass can easily withstand that.
- A Brighter Kitchen – Glass splashbacks will reflect the existing light, adding to the overall brightness, and with tasteful colours, you can create a warm and inviting glow. The lighting can be designed in such a way that the glass splashbacks can actually play a part in the ambience, and tints will give the room some depth. If you are about to redesign the kitchen, consider the glass splashbacks to be incorporated into the design, and when the kitchen is finished, the final touch will be the made to measure glass splashbacks, and the look will be complete.
Glass is timeless and fits in with just about every look, and with all of the above benefits, your new splashbacks really should be glass, which is both functional and stylish.